Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 17

Welcome to week 17 of our pregnancy. I can't believe that I'm already at week 17. What is going on this week is that our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone. He or she weighs roughly 5 ounces, and is around 5 inches long, from head to bottom, roughly the size of a turnip. He or she can move their joints, and sweat glands are starting to develop. 
The activity of this child is starting to kick into high gear. He or she is pretty much active every day, and makes their presence known. Yesterday morning this kid was giving me fits, there must have been a party in my womb. It's nice to feel the movement pretty much every day now, I just can't believe that I'm feeling it already. The other night Mike got to feel the baby kick for the first time. The kid was kicking me, so Mike put his hand on my belly and kind of pushed, and he felt a kick move his finger slightly. At first I thought he was just kidding with me, I didn't expect for him to feel movement yet. I'm so excited that he did feel it, he was so happy to finally feel his child moving about. =)








Growing, growing, growing.... it seems like it's all I'm doing now....



The girls are doing well...as always, Sidney is always ready for a photo op, while Briley on the other hand was looking for a way out when Mike caught her with the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment