Anybody that knows me knows I am a sucker for outdoor Christmas lights. As a child growing up we would always drive around and look at lights, especially after Christmas Eve service. I guess I've never grown out of that part of my childhood. I still love driving around and looking at lights, and wished I had more time to do so. So needless to say, due to this love, every year since we have been together, Mike and I have gone to the horse park's outdoor lights, otherwise known as Southern Lights. It's really cool and all, but when you see the same displays every year, you kind of get board. So this year Mike looked into something a little different. He found it via a friend on facebook, Lights Under Louisville. There's lights under Louisville?? I had no clue. So the other night, we loaded up the car with some friends, and the five of us went to check this out.



We ended up driving around for about 20 minutes or so, in these caverns, that were directly under Louisville. It was a great time had by all. The ride to and from the caverns made the entire trip. I don't think any of us had laughed so hard in a long long time.
The display was mostly lighted figures, but there was this one spot that was pretty darn cool....
This was way cool. We had to drive through all these strings of lights that formed a canopy. Pretty neat....
This is what we saw on our way out...I'm not sure how many trees there were, but they were everywhere. The way the cavern walls looked with the lights bouncing off them made everything look so pretty.
How fun. John and I drove around looking at lights the other night. We did some tonight too. They are all so pretty. Glad you had fun. A.B.
ReplyDelete